Links to Community Events
Please see this week’s events about the great things happening in our community. Let us know what is happening with your group. If you have an event, you would like advertised, please email email@example.com.
- IRS-certified tax preparers are trained to help them find the programs, credits, and deductions that could help them lower their tax liability or receive a refund that could help them to pay down bills or save for future emergencies. Plus, there are no tax preparation fees! See below to check for eligibility and make an appointment.
- MyFreeTaxes.com provides a free online service to file taxes. Families and individuals with household incomes of $66,000 or less in 2017 may use this for both federal and state returns.
First Steps for Free Tax Preparation:
Call us to determine eligibility and make your appointment! See phone numbers/links below. Most low and moderate income households are eligible.
* Please note: Businesses, stockholders, or landlords are not eligible.
- Find a Tax Site near your home or office using this Interactive Map. Note: Day, evening, and weekend hours are available by appointment only. Sites open in February and remain available through Tax Day.
Schedule Your Free Tax Preparation Appointment:
- Residents who live in Morris, Somerset, Sussex, Warren, or suburban Essex Counties* can call 973.993.1160, x521 to learn if they are eligible for this service and to schedule an appointment. *These towns include the Caldwells, Cedar Grove, Essex Fells, Fairfield, Glen Ridge, Livingston, Millburn-Short Hills, Montclair, Roseland, and Verona.
To Schedule Online:
• Click here if you live in Millburn, Short Hills, or any town in Somerset, Sussex, or Warren Counties, or if you plan to schedule an appointment to have your taxes prepared at Interfaith Food Pantry in Morris Plains.
• Click here if you live in suburban Essex County.
- Anyone in New Jersey can dial 2-1-1 to be connected to a local tax site.
For help with back taxes, call Monica Conover at 973.993.1160, x529.Need help while filing a return online? Call 1.855.MY.TX.HELP (1.855.698.9435) to be connected with a qualified tax volunteer. English and Spanish support is available.
A chat feature will provide instant assistance.
Full days of fun for students entering Grades 1-6
The Newton Braves Clothing fundraiser is up and running again. Support the NHS Wrestling team by ordering wrestling team gear or general NHS gear!
Closes on January 19th, 2018 (Midnight)
Delivery: February 13th, 2018
NHS Wrestling Gear Link
NHS General Gear Link